The Durham Tech Chapter of Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) attended the NC PBL State Leadership Conference April 4-6 in Charlotte where they participated in workshops and networked with other members and professionals.
Congratulations to the following students that won awards during the awards ceremony:
Cyber Security: Kim Green
Network Design: Kim Green
Networking Concepts: Joseph Blanchet
Network Design: Joseph Blanchet, Chuck Lucas
Computer Concepts: Christopher McDuff
Computer Concepts: Chuck Lucas
Who’s Who in NCPBL
Kim Green and Chuck Lucas
Career and Membership Achievement Program (CMAP)
Director: Joseph Blanchet
Director, Executive and President levels: Chuck Lucas
Executive and President levels: Kim Green
* Only 3 NCPBL members obtained President level *
Leadership Development Award
(for attendance at 4 workshops)
Joseph Blanchet and Kim Green
Chapter Awards and Recognition
* 2019 Gold Seal Chapter (1 of 5 in the state)
* 2018-19 NCPBL Professional Division-Foundation (PF-F) Chapter of the Year
* The Legacy Leadership Award for being an outstanding chapter (1 of 10 in state)
* Recognition for being a Gold Star Chapter
* Recognition for contributions to the NC PBL Professional Division-Foundation General Fund (in honor of Charlene West) and the Scholarship Fund (in honor of Ms. Jean Buckley on her retirement as FBLA-PBL, INC, President and CEO).
* Recognition for Membership Achievement for the NCPBL PD-F Chapter Affiliation
* Recognition for Membership Achievement (increased membership)
Largest Percentage Increase in Membership for Central Region
Local Chapter Annual Business Report
Largest Increase in Membership for Central Region
Largest PD-F Membership Chapter Affiliation for Central Region
Largest Chapter Affiliation NC PBL Professional Division-Foundation
Largest Increase in Chapter Membership
Largest Percentage Increase in Chapter Membership
* Michele Parrish was recognized for 15 years of service as an advisor.
* Michele Parrish and Dr. LaTonya Steele served on the State Awards Program committee.
* As part of receiving the Who’s Who award, Kim Green and Chuck Lucas spoke about the person who they admired the most at the Friday night session.
* Gilbert Umberger was nominated by Durham Tech PBL and received the 2019 PD-F Distinguished Service Award.
* Mr. David Bishop was the recipient of the NCPBL Business Person of the Year Award. He is the owner of Stitch Doctor Embroidery in Durham, NC and was nominated by Durham Tech PBL for the support he has provided.
All four students will be representing Durham Tech PBL and NC PBL at the FBLA-PBL National Leadership Conference (NLC) in San Antonio in June. Members will be fundraising for the trip. NLC. Upcoming fundraisers include Durham Bulls ticket vouchers, City BBQ and California Pizza Kitchen. Additionally, students will be participating in the Triangle March of Dimes walk in late April.